Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Everyday living

I feel a little sad that I usually blog about big events, or anything change of pace, but rarely have anything from day to day living on.  Nearly everyday, Jackson and I head outside (Hallie may or may not be sleeping) and play with at least one friend and neighbor in the cul-de-sac.  They ride bikes, play in the tree house or play house, fight over power wheel and have a blast.  All while Stacy, Allissa, Terra and I talk and talk until we're blue in the face (but we've never run out of things to talk about).  We rarely get to finish a conversation due to the kids fighting, falling, disappearing, checking on the napping babies, putting the babies to bed, or a myriad of other distractions.  It is so much fun to have neighbors that I love!  We get along so well (at least I think so!) and our kids just love each other.  This morning at 6:30 am Jackson was begging to go to Porters to play . . . What he didn't know is that Porter was over at our house last night at 8 pm asking Why in the world I would be putting my kid to bed when the lights were still on outside!

I love having other moms to bounce ideas off of, get party plans from, vent to, share exciting news, worry about our kids, and just to love and support each other through the day to day.  I am so glad we had the chance to be close to our friends again.
What I am sad about too, is that we never take a photo of our daily play groups so I don't even have one picture of Stacy (she takes all the GREAT photos of Jackson and our family!) or Terra. . . but here is one from a family night walk to the ice cream shop with Alissa's family.  (Their baby's name is Hallie just like ours!  Friends who name their kids the same thing MUST like each other!)

I love the day to day life we have this summer!  I hope these ladies and their kids know how much it means to me to have friends so close!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

You know, I love you guys too so much! In fact, I love you guys so much that I think if and when I have a girl I will name her Hallie too because it would just be so fitting, don't you think?? Kidding, kidding!

Playing with your kids is usually the highlight of Porter's day, and chatting with my girlfriends is the highlight of mine! We really are so blessed to live on this great little street.

And that is why not all changes are happy even when they should be! :( We'll have that convo tomorrow!