We were hoping to see the Cherry blossoms in Washington DC, but unfortunately, missed it by a weekend. However, we were able to meet our newest little family member, Breckin. Rich and Ashley were fantastic hosts and we loved being with them for the weekend.
The flights were so full, but somehow, we squeaked on a flight on Thursday. Dave and I had to split up with a kid each (and I got the one that still takes a nap :) ). It is sad not to be able to fly next to Dave, but at least we get to fly. I sat next to a family with 2 toddlers who shared some flying tips with me.
The kids were great on the flight. I honestly can't remember what we did, which tells me how un-eventful it was.
We spent Friday at the National Zoo. It was awesome! Most of the animals were easy to spot. I loved the lions. Hallie loved the birds and signed bird a million times. Jackson probably liked the gorilla the most since it walked right in front of him and then sat down with his back to him. He thought that was so funny. Dave liked taking photos with his new birthday present (which is a surprise since it is not his birthday for 3 more months :) )
This is terror phase ^
Now, she likes her ^
Did I say likes? I mean LOVES!
We had an amazing weekend of listening to the prophets and apostles. Mainly, I felt that my testimony of the prophets was re-affirmed. These men and women were telling us the words that God would have us hear. They inspired and motivated me to reach for higher, nobler attributes and be kinder and more gentle with my children. They taught true doctrine, and in a world of confusion and constant arguing, it was so nice to be engulfed in peaceful, spirit-filled instruction. I can't wait to hear them again and read them again!
(Jackson and Hallie did pretty good during conference. The baby and dog helped distract, as well as some fun toys Rich and Ashley let our kids ruin before Breckin even had a chance to :))
The glitch in the trip was that the Sunday night flight filled up, so we had to do the EARLY morning flight back to PHX Monday morning. It may have been another blessing in disguise because Dave was feeling sick Sun night, but felt better and did most of the work with the kids on the flight. We got up at 1 am phx time and flew until 9:00 and Dave headed straight into work. Hallie and I got naps on the flight. She was a bit feverish and was not to be consoled, but it was nice to hold her as she just wanted to cuddle. Jackson is so good on the flights now. He loves the Kindle Fire and also is working from preschool books. He is a good little kiddo!
I went straight from the airport to a park get-together to let Jackson get some energy out. After lunch, the kids went straight to sleep. I wonder if we will get back to our time zone and go to bed at 8 tonight or will the kids be tired by 5 (which is what time they went to bed last night)?
I just can't get enough of this sweet girls' silly faces and smiles. She is so cheesy lately! It makes me sad she is so sick and miserable!
3 comments:
It doesn't look like you missed the cherry blossoms!
You guys are the traveling family! I love it. Dave is NEVER going to want to leave that company! :)
Oh fun! I am going there next week. My sister warned me that the peak of the trees already happened. Bummer, but some will still be blooming and I can't wait to see them! I knew I had to pop over to your blog when Brandon told me that you guys flew in this morning before work. :)
Such wonderful pictures of so many people that we love! We've been coming back to your blog over and over again. My favorite picture is when the kids are in the dog bed. The look on Roxie's face says, "Is nothing sacred?!" She's a good dog.
Post a Comment