Sunday, January 22, 2012

San Antonio Take 2

 Before my bestest friend moved to the border of America, in a place I could never reach her (jk) I had to go visit again.  So 2 days after leaving Texas (the Houston part of it), the kids and I went to San Antonio.  The flight there was super turbulent (the worst I've experienced) and I started getting a little nervous.  Dave told me the statistics of how safe flying is (did you know that under 1000 people have died in the past 10 years in airplane accidents - obviously taking out the terrorist attacks).  Anyway, the only accidents that HAVE happened were on express Jets . . . we were on an express jet . . . but we didn't crash, we just bumped around and then suddenly the turbulence stopped!  and we soon landed in San Antonio.

We had a great visit in San Antonio.  Sandra has everything a 3 year old boy and 1 year old girl could need/want, so it makes the trip easy for them, and leave lots of time for us to talk and talk and talk.  We enjoyed the Japanese Tea Gardens, beautiful weather for outside play time, late night movies, delicious food and some steamy hot yoga.  Her husband watched the kids while we went to 90 minutes of yoga and, of course, the 2 girls didn't sleep like they were 'suppose' to, they both had poopy diapers at the same time and then one of the boys accidentally wet his pants due to improper placement while going in the potty.  Lots of crying from my daughter later, Sandra and I strolled into the house completely relaxed and cleansed from the inside out . . . poor Quinn!!  So sorry!



 We decided to eat at Chick-fil-a right before heading home.  We got eating and chatting and I suddenly wonder what time it is . . . 1:15 . . . our flight leaves at 2:07!!!  We panicked and rush 4 kids out to the car (if you know about rushing kids, it isn't that fast).  We arrived at the airport at 1:40 . . .only 27 minutes early.  As I rush into print my boarding passes Jackson is complaining about his pants (he got some hand-me-downs) after a minute, I finally look over and they are down around his ankle with Mickey underwear showing, he is waddling like a penguin.  We race through security and I get the kids on the jogger stroller and run all the way to the end of the terminal (we are at gate 9) when I get to Gate 7 I realize I left my carry-on at security (I usually check it, but didn't have time) so I run 7 gates BACK to security and then 9 more gates back to the end of the terminal, just as they are calling our names.  I am sweaty and out of breath, but we got on and headed home.


This was my worst flight yet!  Jackson was whiney, Hallie refused to sleep, Jackson spilled OJ on himself, Hallie cried unless she was walking in the aisle.  Long flight!   Thank goodness for a husband who can help take over!  We sure miss him!! 


Saturday morning I walked 8 miles to the Gilbert Temple Site with the Young Women in our stake and then I went to a baby shower and took a nap while the kids slept.  I had a good, long, rejuvenating break from the kids.  And come to find out, they are much better behaved in their own element (a time out spot, their own beds, etc) and with full attention from mom and dad.   I admire and feel sympathy for single moms!  I need my husband to help me (both with the kids and also just to support me) so much!

2 comments:

dougandjulie said...

I'm glad you didn't miss your flight because that always complicates things. Funny about jackson's pants. Good thing you finally looked!

Sandra Nixon said...

Crazy! I hadn't heard about the leaving of your luggage and running though the airport etc, wild!
So glad you came, miss you already!