Monday, February 23, 2009

The Bully in Town



“I cannot go to play with others,”
Said Baby Jackson to his mother

“People say there is a bully on the loose,
He’s mean, he’s lean and doesn’t take a truce.

He chases after other boys,
When he catches them he steals their toys.

He sucks on cell phones when no one is looking,
Knocks dinner on the floor just to see what’s cooking.

They say not even family is safe,
He pinched his cousin on the face.

Girls are no different, though they are calm and kind
He plowed down a dame and didn't seem to mind.

Right off her feet he pulled her socks
Bit her nose and tugged on her locks

And a kid three times his age and size
Cowering in his mother’s skirt cries,

'Stop it! stop it! Leave me alone'
But does he? No, he’s bad to the bone.

When others try to hit him back,
He laughs and mocks the strength they lack.

You see, I’m scared of this bully,
I can’t go out or I might just be . . .

What? What’s that I see?
Who do I see is the bully?

The bully . . . is me?!?!
Heeheehee, you better learn to flee . . .”

This poem is based on actual events . . .unfortunately.
(Similar to Shel Silverstein's poem "Sick")
Working out to dominate his next victim . . .watch out!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Okay so I have always thought that Jackson looks so much like Dave... but in this 1st picture I see (not you) your sisters! I don't know their names but the ones that came to church with you recently. For once I see your side!

Kendal and Alissa said...

So I had to laugh at the "Girls are no different, though they are calm and kind He plowed down a dame and didn't seem to mind.Right off her feet he pulled her socks Bit her nose and tugged on her locks". Don't worry Savanna still loves Jackson. He is just a manly man!

dannyhaley said...

Jackson is so cute! I can't believe how fast he is growing up, I've never even seen him. Hopefully I can meet him soon.

Emily said...

WOW! I almost didn't recognize him! He has changed so much in just so little time. He looks so much like Jamie...ADORABLE!