Today started off with taking Dave to the bus stop like normal, but as I was driving home, I saw 5 blocks of snow fall off the telephone wire and fall down all at once. I thought, “Hey that’s cool, I didn’t know it all fell down at the same time!” As I drove the final 2 blocks to my house, I noticed a van in our neighbors yard! I once again thought, “That is crazy that someone got in an accident during the night!” Then I noticed the lights were still on, and I looked in and there were people in the van. 

At this point I finally realized that I was the first person on the scene of a crazy accident! Both teenagers in the car seemed to be all right. The driver pulled off his shoe and dumped his entire window of glass out. He kept saying he was going to call 911, but he wasn’t doing it (I think he was in shock). Finally, I realized I should be doing something and I called 911. I let them in my house to clean up before 2 fire engines, an ambulance and several police cars showed up. I think the kids will be fine, but the car is totaled. An hour later our block lost electricity and I have been trying to come up with things to do in the dark (thank goodness for laptops and cell phones!) I played games with our upstairs neighbor since they had more light streaming in than I did. Situations like this make me grateful for all the blessings I have, temporally and physically. It makes me appreciate the little things (like a car) much more.
5 comments:
Thanks for helping to keep us entertained! That was crazy. Thank goodness nobody was hurt!
that is scary! i would be terrible in a situation like that. i'm glad they're okay.
Thanks for the phone call. I'm glad you let me know. I got home while everything was still a mess and all the emergency vehicles were there. I would have been frieking out driving up to my house with all that commotion going on if I hadn't talked to you and knew everything was alright. It sound like you did a good job helping out in the situation. What a crazy thing to happen! I'm glad the kids were okay. By the way, I love the video of Jackson!
This was fun to hear your perspective. We were asleep when we heard the crash. We looked out our window just as you pulled up. You got out of your car and just stared at the accident for a few seconds and then just started running. Ha! No power is NO FUN!
crazy crazy crazy!
Post a Comment