My goal in all of my shopping for deals is to someday walk out of the store with more money than I walked into it with. I almost did that on Saturday, but DAVE came in with me and remembered he had to buy candy for his Sunday School class, so we ended up spending $1.36 on all this:

Here are some cool things that I am learning. Many of you know this, but if not . . .First off BOGO means Buy One Get One free. If you have 2 coupons you can use both of them-even if the one item is already FREE! For example, I bought Revlon makeup for $6.99 and got the other one free. I had two $1 off coupons, so the total was $4.99 for 2 name brand makeups. This one I just learned . . .IF the store is selling an item BOGO and you have a BOGO coupon? Then you get BOTH items completely free! That is why I bought 2 chocolate bars that I usually wouldn’t spend money on since we are poor college students. But who couldn’t use free chocolate?
Rite Aid and Walgreens have coupons every once in a while for $5 off a $20 purchase, etc. That includes any items you buy that you are getting a rebate for! If you are ever interested, let me know!
Calcium pills BOGO $8.19
Colgate Toothpaste BOGO $2.79- $2 in coupons
Revlon makeup BOGO $6.99 - $2 in coupons- $1 rebate
Hershey’s candy bar BOGO $.88 - .88 coupon BOGO
Hershey’s chocolate BOGO $3.79 (DAVE’s purchase- not the greatest deal!)
Halls Cough drops .99 - $.50 coupon
Soft soap $.99 -. $.50 coupon
Paper towels $2.99 -.35 coupon
Huggies diapers $12.49 - $1.50 coupon- $2 rebate
I used a $10 off of a $30 purchase coupon from riteaid. Then I had a gift certificate for $20 that RiteAid gave me for shopping there in December (mostly for items I got free after rebate). They only charged tax on the amount left to pay so I paid $.36 in tax.
I know I am crazy, but I get such a thrill out of getting a good deal!
Here are some cool things that I am learning. Many of you know this, but if not . . .First off BOGO means Buy One Get One free. If you have 2 coupons you can use both of them-even if the one item is already FREE! For example, I bought Revlon makeup for $6.99 and got the other one free. I had two $1 off coupons, so the total was $4.99 for 2 name brand makeups. This one I just learned . . .IF the store is selling an item BOGO and you have a BOGO coupon? Then you get BOTH items completely free! That is why I bought 2 chocolate bars that I usually wouldn’t spend money on since we are poor college students. But who couldn’t use free chocolate?
Rite Aid and Walgreens have coupons every once in a while for $5 off a $20 purchase, etc. That includes any items you buy that you are getting a rebate for! If you are ever interested, let me know!
Calcium pills BOGO $8.19
Colgate Toothpaste BOGO $2.79- $2 in coupons
Revlon makeup BOGO $6.99 - $2 in coupons- $1 rebate
Hershey’s candy bar BOGO $.88 - .88 coupon BOGO
Hershey’s chocolate BOGO $3.79 (DAVE’s purchase- not the greatest deal!)
Halls Cough drops .99 - $.50 coupon
Soft soap $.99 -. $.50 coupon
Paper towels $2.99 -.35 coupon
Huggies diapers $12.49 - $1.50 coupon- $2 rebate
I used a $10 off of a $30 purchase coupon from riteaid. Then I had a gift certificate for $20 that RiteAid gave me for shopping there in December (mostly for items I got free after rebate). They only charged tax on the amount left to pay so I paid $.36 in tax.
I know I am crazy, but I get such a thrill out of getting a good deal!
5 comments:
Okay okay okay... I love the photos of the "after" purchase and the break down of how much you actually spent. But when are you gonna post where you find all these coupons!?
Holy cow--- I want to be a part of this. You are amazing! That is such a sweet deal! Keep it up Jamie, and keep sharing your fabulous ideas!
oh jamie....you kill me! keep it up
HAHA! you're my friend, you know that, right? I've been doing the same thing you do! I guess that is something that makes our days as mommies;) I'll join you when I get back to the states!!
Yes! way to go...i too am OBSESSED with getting a great deal! thanks for the info!
Post a Comment