The day started with amazing german pancakes and sugary fattening syrup (good recipe, thanks Briawna!) I thought it was funny how high out of the pan it came!
After work I told Dave we needed to go on a walk to burn some calories from lunch to be ready for dinner. We took the foot bridge accross the river to the gold course. Dave started talking about how he missed golf and I said . . . we'll lets go! He was all worried about not having his clubs and a ball, etc . . . but little did he know I had taken them there earlier.
Jackson laughed at Dave swinging the club. Dave ended up getting an 8 on the course! After not playing since last summer. He really is amazing!
After a long walk and 9 holes of golf, we still weren't hungry so my dinner surprise would have to wait until the next day. We ended with birthday cake (the cheese kind) and a movie. (notice the lack of furniture . . .)
The beautiful and overflowing river in the background. These picnic tables are built on a platform over the river. It was cool to have the river flowing right underneath us!
He is always thoughtful and considerate of others. He worries about how to make others happy and comfortable. He is a man who loves God first and wants to do what is right.
I love his influence and love in my life. I am thankful he was born . . . do you know how many years ago?
Here is Jackson walking. I think he seriously walked an entire hole like this- he did NOT want to be held. Our better video of real walking is on the other computer . . .
6 comments:
my kids love those german pancakes. That's so funny you made it for his birthday because that's the tradition in my family. Growing up, that was the favorite birthday request, so my mom just started making them for birthdays without asking. btw, love your wipes case in the picture with Dave.
It's not mean to make him BBQ on his birthday, because Dave loves a mean BBQ, and not many people can do better than him! It sound like you're living in a beautiful place!
Tell Dave happy late birthday from us! Hope things start looking up for you there!
I like the wipes case in the picture, too. Nice job!
And, it seems like you're making the best of your summer, too. Not having a library card really stinks, doesn't it? You don't really know how bad it is until you don't have one.
Hope you summer runs more smoothly, but it looks like you're having fun in spite of it all! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!! We too are German pancake lovers! That sounds good for dinner tonight. :)
Jamie, it is so fun to see what you are up to in Boise. You guys have been busy! Thanks for all the details about your adventures. I also can't believe how big Jackson is getting. He is so adorable. Miss you.
Post a Comment