On the other hand, in basketball, we came in third or fourth (very similar to the marathon . . no award involved!) It was so fun to play with other MBA spouses and get to know the girls. We finally started winning when the tournament started. One game I scored 14 points in the first half (I won't mention my score in the second half . . .)!
Despite my many losses, I did get a championship T-shirt for intramurals. If you run 150 miles during the semester they give you a shirt. So without having to actually compete against anyone I was able to pull it out and win the shirt. It doesn't quite have the same bragging rights though . . .
5 comments:
Ahlstrom, you are way too hard on yourself!! SECOND place - at any BYU intramural event - ESPECIALLY singles, is amazing... I know, I know - it's not the same as getting a shirt - but you should be extremely proud :). Your hard work/determination/prefectionism is still going strong since the mission.... you're an amazing motivated woman, congrats on the achievements!
You can always pretend that the shirt was in a competative sport. who would know? also, i am prettty sure i remember you winning one of those shirts before, you are a champion in my book
Your funny!!
you crack me up.....
I am totally down for a half marathon. you better be doing the deseret news run for Grant and then there is a half in provo in august. let me know if you guys will be around.
Wow! You ran 150 miles during the semester? That's like going to disneyland and having to walk all day for a month! You're awesome! I love your hair by the way. So cute.
Post a Comment