Monday, August 24, 2015

Utah in July

We were so excited about this trip to Utah because we were celebrating and participating in a wedding for Marcie and Grant Dexter!  The kids and I headed to Utah early in order to make sure we didn't miss it.  The direct flight there was totally full and looking worse and worse for the week .  I decided to go hang out at the airport anyway and hope for a miracle.  i bought Happy meals and had all sorts of plans for an FHE in the airport, unfortunately (or VERY fortunately) we made it on the first flight we tried for!  Jackson sat alone and I got to sit with the girls.  It was a great flight.  I tried to help my mom and sister plan more of the wedding.  We were thrilled when all the cousins finally came to town and our daddy made the final flight of the day (despite the odds being stacked against him).  The boys all went golfing together for a bachelor party on Thursday morning and all the girls started prepping wedding food and reception decor.  
The wedding dinner was Thursday night and Grants parents did an amazing job with it!  We enjoyed reminicing about Marcie and learning more about Grant.  I was 14 when MArcie was born and I was detemined to make her my own little baby.  I stayed up all night with her (or tried to) and stretched her legs everyday (so she could do the splits that I never could) and had her sleep in my bed with me to train me to be able to someday sleep with a husband.  I remember her bringing me so much joy every day I came home from High school.  My best memory was when I was home from college after a painful break up and was crying and Marcie was cuddling with me.  My mom called her upstairs and she went running up, explained to my mom thatI needed her and she came back down to be my comforter.  She is an amazing girl and I m so happy for her.
Friday morning we went to the temple and witnessed an amazing sealing.  They are both spiritual powerhouses, committed to God and His work.  I love their selfless service and love for everyone.
My aunts and uncles are so supportive of such a large family.  I love their love and concern for each of us.
At the reception the little girls looked fantastic.  It was such a great time to catch up with Tooele, Lehi and family friends through the ages.  I love that kind of a party!  My parents ( and their fantastic ward friends) did an amazing job of setting up the reception.


My sisters were so much fun.  I love being around them and their families.  



The day after the wedding party we through a birthday party for Jackson.  We have never had a cousin party so it was so fun to have our family around.  I also invited friends from our Orem ward, Lehi ward and even a friend from Texas who was in town.   Despite the cold temperatures, the kids had fun on the slide.  

Jackson with Ilse and Nora

Nixons, Morins and Dayton.
My best friends, Sandra, Stacey, Adrienne.  Love these ladies and the friends they are to me.


We had a fireworks show that night (apparently Texas doesn't allow street fireworks!)

I met my college roommate Amanda at the BYU wilk and met her husband and all 4 kids.  We've come along was but she is still the most amazing and inspirational person.  
Sandra and I took the kids to the Bean Museum
And hiking bridal veil.  I can't get enough of the mountains in Utah.  I feel like I took them for granted when I lived her before.  Now they are so majestic and amazing.


We also met my missionary companion up tibble fork lake, before it rained us out.

We also enjoyed chick fila's cow day
and Grandma Louines birthday party.  This is why I miss Utah, there is always so many family events and get togethers.  I miss having a place where we belong with family who we've known all our lives.


Entertaining ourselves at the airport



No comments: