After 4 shots (two in each leg) today, she was crying and I picked her up, two sobs later, she stopped crying and then smiled at the nurse. Seriously, this girl is amazing. I'm not sure if it is because she is use to pain inflicted by people she loves (brother and sister), but she is really resilient.
I do NOT write this to make anyone feel bad about their own baby (I've had 'difficult' ones too!) but I do want to remember how awesome Mariah is as a baby. She is so happy and will smile for anyone and everyone. She travels easily. She falls asleep on her own in the crib (but it helps if we put the pacifier in a few times). She falls asleep when we are out and about without any trouble. On the way to and from St. George we didn't hear a peep from her. She is quiet and calm. Of course, she gets hungry, but meet her need and she is happy as a clam.
I laid her with her head on the pillow body down the blanket, next thing I know she is grabbing toys out off the shelf. She may look big enough to do this, but I was impressed. The other day during my shower she got under my bed and was hitting her head on the frame. Thank goodness for Jackson being able to pull her out.
She is getting to be a bad night sleeper (up every couple of hours), but I let her cry the other night and it only took 10 mins to put herself back to sleep. I'm hoping since she is able to get herself to sleep for naps and night, she will learn quickly to put herself to sleep at night. I am more tired now than I was at the newborn phase, but don't feel as entitled to a nap, so I am just plugging through it. I should at least go to bed early, but there is so much to get done when all the kids are in bed!
1 comment:
She's so cute! What a scooter she is!
Post a Comment