Wednesday, August 14, 2013

End of Summer

Despite having another 3 months of 100+ degree weather, summer break ends and School starts Aug. 7th.
We finished the summer with a few weeks of swim lessons for both kids.

A visit with friends to the science museum.



We went to a few summer movies and swimming a lot.

When Jackson was getting school supplies and a backpack and lunch box, he loved playing pretend school.  I was the teacher and both kids had their backpacks.  We did some pages from workbooks, wrote letter, read stories, had recess and lunch, etc.  Jackson is reading really well.  He pretty much skipped all the beginning readers and is reading on a 1st grade level!  I am so impressed and proud of him and his hard work.  He loves to read anything he sees.  Here we were working on words that change when the 'magic' E is added on the end.  He was SO good at it.  I think it would have been very hard to me to remember how the sounds change when the E is added, but it almost comes naturally to him.  I have no question that he will be amazing at school.  I also enjoyed seeing a tiny sliver of what homeschooling kids of different ages.  Wow!  I think it takes amazing people to be able to balance teaching different ages!  

Hallie worked on painting the magic lines to finish off shapes.  We talked about the names of all the shapes.

My neighborhood has a facebook group and whenever you want a girls night out, we just post when and where and we are bound to get a fun group of girls together.  This night we went to Yogurtland.  Some people came back to my house for more chatting and laughing. I love having support and friends all around me.  So lucky.

No comments: