Friday, February 10, 2012

My foot is getting a fever!!

Today Jackson started panicking about his foot getting a fever and that I needed to feel it.  He ripped his sock off and I felt an ice cold foot . . .hmmm. . . I am thinking, WHAT is he so concerned about?   When the concern didn't go away as I tried to distract him, I investigated further.  I finally realized (with his amazing communication ability) that he was having the 'pins & needles' sensation when your foot falls asleep.  Wow!  What a great way to try and tell me what is going on.  Jackson has an amazing way of communicating enough to get me to understand (usually).  I am always amazed at how children have to learn "line upon line".  I can't remember the time I first felt pins and needles and had to have it explained so it didn't freak me out, but I'm sure it happened.   So much too learn.  Good things they are great at absorbing so much so quickly!

2 comments:

Jean said...

What an amazing little mind! I can appreciate the frustrations of not being able to express yourself. Some time we will all communicate by thought and it will be easier!

Thanks for all the posts. Sometimes I just get hungry for my grand kids. Then I go to your blog and get filled up. This is a great blessing!

chris m. said...

I love that he expressed it that way... pretty creative.