In July we took a 4 day road trip with our small family. We took the trip up slowly, stopping at my cousins to let Jackson try to murder a kitty with a head lock. Then we stopped in Idaho Falls to see the temple and enjoy the falls (despite having grandparents live there my entire childhood, I didn't remember the falls!)
We camped in West Yellowstone right next to a beautiful lake. Jackson was so excited to be in a tent. Despite going to bed 2 hours after bedtime, he couldn't hold still or lay down, but once he finally fell asleep he slept until 7:30! He was thrilled to wake up in a tent and right next to mom and dad. "Hi, MOM!!"
Yellowstone was beautiful! It has been years since Dave or I had been there so it seemed all new to us. Dave was a good sport to carry Jackson in the backpack for a long hike everyday. This was 365 steps to see the lower falls . . . gorgeous.
I'll be honest, I thought there were much cooler sights than the geyers, but geyers make the most impressive pictures, so that is what I included. I love the paint pots, the clean hot water and the steaming bubbling caves (namely Dragon's cave and mud caldron)
We enjoyed driving next to Yellowstone lake and then camped in the middle of the park. It was much colder so we all slept in the same bed and Jackson was up by 6:30. A nice warm 6 min. shower was so nice!
We saw pretty much all there was to see in Yellowstone and hiked up to Mystic Falls and a great overlook (just in time to see Old Faithful) and then dip our feet in the water Firewater River. We drove down to Teton Park. I was amazed by the stark difference in the beauties of the 2 parks. The sharp mountains and flat land made the Tetons incredible.
We took a shuttle across Jenny Lake and then hiked to Hidden Falls. We let Jackson hike 1/2 mile all on his own (he didn't want us to touch him at all). He was slow and distracted by everything, but we made it!
After another beautiful overlook, we hiked 3 miles around the beautiful lake and Jackson fell uncomfortably asleep for 30 mins.
We have wanted to take Jackson to his namesake since before he was born. It was fun to see his name all around us. . . not to mention our initials JH all over.
Forgetting my purse in Star Valley and a screaming kid for 45 mins made the trip home interesting, but we are glad we got the chance to see the beauties up north.
6 comments:
Do you guys like your child backpack thing-a-ma-jig?? I want to get one before we go back to Hawaii and do all the hiking. Porter killed Jareds back. If so, what brand??
Wow, that looks like a great trip. thanks for posting. BTW, when are you going to find out the sex of your baby, i am dying to know!!
I'm so glad you posted this! I've been real hesitant to go camping 1: with Ella, and 2: pregnant. We're headed out in a few weeks...so I hope our trip is as fun as yours looks!
Hope you guys are doing well!
Okay - so I know I just commented, but I am SO confused!
I was cruising through my best friend's digital scrapbook page - and I saw a picture of you and Dave. Now, admittedly, I am CLUELESS when it comes to the scrapbooking industry (even though I worked in it for three years - go figure) but does that mean that you two design for the same company?
The address is:http://plumdumplingdesigns.blogspot.com/
and Mary - in the top right corner, is my best friend from home. I'm so lost! Either way, ALL of the pages are fantastic!
Did you go to the Bar J for dinner? We were just in Wyoming!! We were in Jackson and Alpine! looks like you had such a great time. :)
What a fun trip! I love Yellowstone! I love your family pictures too. You don't look pregnant at all!
Post a Comment