However, when Dave graduates, I will also graduate from the MBA Spouse Association- which is NOT something to celebrate with happiness. I would like to pay tribute to MBASA and the wonderful women I have grown to love.

The great thing about this group is we are ALL in the same phase of life . . . wife of a student and most of us are raising children. There were activities, parties, sporting events and girls night out GALORE. My mom even accused me of having 'too much fun' with this program. I will forever cherish the memories I have with my friends from MBASA.


I knew that this was a very special group of women who had a unique opportunity to draw close during 2 quick years of school. But what I didn't know was how very much we love and care for each other. The morning before our closing social happened, the 5-month-old daughter of one of our members passed away. As the word spread we all cried and started prayers for their family. We held our children as tightly as we could. We all felt the loss, she was one of our own. We had watched her pregnancy, sewed baby items together, taken meals after the delivery and watch her beautiful girl grow. In fact, this baby was even with us when she was only 5 days old at our 1 am showing of "New Moon". Although I know we aren't experiencing even a fraction of the pain that her family is, we are all heart-broken. This experience will never be forgotten. I know my son will receive more of my love, laughter and life because I know how precious and fragile the life of a child is.
Elena, your life will be remembered by many. We continually pray for the comfort and peace of your family.

5 comments:
That is so devastating. I think sometimes we take the fact that we have healthy, happy babies. We assume they'll be with us always - and forget to cherish every moment. I'll keep their family in my prayers, and keep my little ones closer.
Hugs to you!
I love all of your scrapbook pages! You are talented my friend. What a beautiful tribute to Elena as well. Thank heavens for all MBASA has done for us. Thanks for creating so many great opportunities to make memories as our social committee chair. You did a fantastic job!
It has been a great two years! I love you all!
Jamie, these scrap booking pages are so cute. Except for that picture of me on the first page- I look like I'm constipated or something ;)
Fun to see you yesterday.
Great pages! Great tribute to our wonderful association, too! It's been a great two years!
Post a Comment