We welcomed our cute little boy into the world on Saturday July 12, 2008 at 9:19 pm. He is 7 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches. Beautiful and Healthy! Dark hair (but not too much :))
I started having regular contractions about 5:00 pm on Friday. I was surprised since the dr. said I was all closed up on Thursday, so I didn't think it was coming for a while. The contractions got more intense and closer together so we went to the hospital at midnight to check it out and I was still completely closed up. I was so sad. They said not to come back until the contractions were 3 mins apart. The meds they gave didn't help at all, so I spent the night have contractions 5 mins apart. They got really intense and without sleep I became pretty emotional, thinking that it wasn't progressing me at all. I spend all morning breathing through contractions every 5 mins while Dave cleaned the whole house. At first we were really excited, but 24 hours later, I just felt exhausted and emotional. We went back at 3:00 to get checked again. The nurse said I was at a 1 . . . and I lost it. But then apparently while she was checking I opened up more and was at a 3. So I begged to be admitted. An hour later I had an epidural and was in Heaven. It was seriously the best choice I made in my life. I could finally think logically about having a kid. Then Dave and I got excited again. Everything progressed very quickly and by 8:30 I was ready to push. I guess all the working out I did was good because after 30 mins of pushing, the doctor told me to cough, and out he slipped!
It was the most amazing, sureal feeling to look down and see this little boy who has been inside so long. He is beautiful and perfect. He scored a 9/10 on the APGAR scale. He is so healthy and we couldn't be more blessed. He is feeding really well. He loves to stick his tongue out and we love to watch him. We are so happy.
6 comments:
Hooray! Congrats Dave and Jamie! He's a doll. Jason can't believe that Dave's a dad. Just the other day I told Jason that we needed to buy baby presents for you guys and he said, "blah blah blah their baby isn't due for a few weeks blah blah blah we're going to be late for the movie." I shouldn't have listened to him. We'll come over soon bearing gifts and food.
Yay!!!! Congrats, what a cutie! Soo good to hear everything went well, congrats!
congrats jamie and dave! he is soo cute! we are sad that we aren't there to see him. the first thing that sam said was that he couldn't believe that dave was a dad. you guys are going to be great parents! keep the posts coming with pics and updates!
I am so happy for you! He is absolutely adorable - of course! I would have to agree- Epidurals are the best thing in the world. :) Can't wait to hear more. Glad you're both doing well.
Congrats! He is so beautiful. How soon were those pictures taken afterwards? He looks like he has a perfect shaped head. Seeing him makes me all the more jealous and excited. I am glad you were able to get the epidural and everything went okay. We can't wait to meet him. Can you believe you are already a mom?
Jamie - I am so excited for you! (and so nervous for me) Jackson is so cute! Congratulations!
Lo
Post a Comment