Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October activities 2014

For playgroup one week we hit this awesome pumpkin patch!  I really missed Jackson and wish he didn't have to go to school so much!
The girls loved it!

 except for being brewed by Hallie...


 My cousin is serving the Fort Worth mission, so since we moved here, I've been on the hunt for him.  the stars aligned and one night I had a Relief society meeting the same night as a district fireside. It was great to see him, so happy and full of light.  I love our big family.
 Hallie's hair was getting to be impossible to comb and even worse to keep looking combed, so we trimmed it up!  I like it so much better... not as many fights!  But I miss those cute curls!

 A really great park opened up right by our house.  It has all sort of unique play structures and activities.  We've been visiting frequently with the weather finally cooling off a bit.
 I've been teaching preschool this month.  Our first week we learned "F" and visited the firestation.  It was great for the girls to be on a field trip with friends.  The firefighters were so friendly and fantastic (also F words!)





 We got really lucky because that same night, we had a neighborhood get together and we got to see the same firefighters, who remembered us.  There was a bounce house, facepainting, snowcones and more.  It was great to meet some neighbors!


The best part of this night was Jackson saying, "Hey that looks just like Oscar Travino!" Right before they announced the major of NRH, OSCAR TRAVINO!  I was shocked he knew him AND recognized him!  Turns out he learned about him THAT DAY in school!  We introduced ourselves only to find out we moved into the home of one of his city managers he knew well.  It is a small world, even when you are not Mormon :)


My ward has weekly playdates at parks around.  This girl wants to be a big girl and swings and climbs all over.  She loves ladders, fences and other precarious situations.  Keeps me on my toes.
 Jackson got invited to his first party of the year.  It was so great to meet other moms of parents that live near me.  This is what I like about  going to a neighborhood school and knowing we will interact for years to come through our kids. 
 Jackson ran 32 laps (3 miles!) at his run-a-thon.  Every even lap he ran the whole way, every odd lap, he stopped to get a drink and walk for a section.  He was diligent and never gave up.  the atmosphere and support from parents and teachers were fantastic.  He is loving being a Gator!

 Our neighbor friend is also in 1st grade with Jackson.  They enjoy playing together when they can find the time.

No comments: