Monday, March 18, 2013

Way behind...

At end of my pregnancies I just feel so lazy . . . and yet anxious.  I sometimes forget about living in the here and now.  I haven't taken many photos in the past few months, but I will catch up to the present with a few photos and some journaling.  Then at least I'll be prepared to blog about the new arrival!!

We took a trip to Utah in early February to go through the temple with Marcie (mission call to Kennewick, WA) and say goodbyes to Melinda (headed to Ukraine Donetsk mission - Russian speaking).  We had a great time in the snow and being with family.   Unfortunately, the only photo we got was with Dave and the kids playing outside.  I just love AZ and didn't have any desire to play around in the snow.  The kids loved it though!

In February, I got my AmEx rewards . . . and I went on a shopping spree through Costco.  It was very exciting for me :).   I got all of this pictured, plus two packs of socks for the kids (the were wearing them already).  I understand there are plenty of people who swear by the envelope or cash form of budgeting, but I just can't understand why you wouldn't take advantage of earning rewards, cash and free things just by swiping a card (which is so much easier to boot!)  Anyway, getting a Costco gift card is a dream of mine, so this was a close 2nd.  

 Here we have Hallie in all her messy hair glory.  She loves to climb into my bed and read books, pictures or not, she loves to turn pages and read.   I love that she poured through my scriptures for 15 mins one day!

 Here is our one photo of V-day.  Hallie made sugar cookies at a neighborhood party while Jackson had a Valentine's day party at school.  Dave and I made steak and twice baked potatoes and for our 'date' put our kids in front of a show so we could eat dinner 'alone' for a half hour.  Pretty romantic, eh?

 Dave's mom came to visit us in February.  It was just perfect weather for showing off our new residence.  I think she may just come back every February for the entire month!  It is gorgeous here!
 The Mesa temple and the grounds are beautiful.  We are glad to have a temple so close and another one opening up before next year!


 The cactus garden at the temple.  Who knew there were some many different kinds of cactus?

 We were going to hike to the 'A' for a family activity and then when we got there, Dave's mom realized she had bad knees and I realized I was 8 months pregnant and we ditched out.  Dave still had to drag 2 little ones up to show them the A.  Hallie is hiding behind the trees, but she did NOT want daddy and Jacks to leave her!

While my mother-in-law was here, we decided to pull out a sewing machine I bought at a garage sale for $5 to see if it worked.  It did, in fact, work and we went to get some things I would need if I ever actually wanted to USE the machine.  I knew if I didn't try to do a project or something, I would never actually learn to use the machine.  So right at the store, I pulled up a pin that I had recently pinned on pinterest and we bought what we needed to make these awesome baby carriers.  I had enough material left to make 5 of them, plus this gave me lots of practice with sewing, threading, doing a bobbin, making a button hole, etc.  Thank goodness my mom was there to guide me through it because I know I would have thrown my hands up and given up (those are always my thoughts when I am sewing!) but she helped me finish and then I finished 4 more in the next few days.  It does give a sense of accomplishment to complete a project!  I think including the cost of the sewing machine, it was about $30 to make 5 of these.  If you have a little girl with a birthday party coming up, you might be receiving one!

 Friends from my old ward and also friends from my new ward planned a meal out and threw me a couple of 'showers' for our new baby.  It is so nice to be thought of.  I love that just because it is baby #3 doesn't mean she is forgotten or loved less.  I had a great time eating out with them!   and talking and talking as only girls can!


Finally, St. Patrick's Day.  Jackson reminded me that a leprechaun had visited at his cousins house last year and wondered if he would come again (his memory is amazing).  So, he did visit with a yarn maze and a message.  Jackson was thrilled with reading the words pinned to the yarn.  Hallie just loves tagging along, too.  They found a pot of gold with skittles rainbow just inside our doggie door where the leprechaun must have snuck in. 


I just hit full term on my pregnancy and I am feeling it.  Just last week I thought 'this isn't so bad, I can handle it', but every second of the last few days have been 'unbearable'.  I remember now why I complain so terribly about the last 3-4 weeks of pregnancy. . .. it is miserable!  I can't sleep or get comfortable in any position- sitting, standing, laying, etc. Heartburn is rampant.  I can't bend down (which is what a mother of 2 toddlers does ALL DAY LONG).  I don't want to move at all.  It is in the 90s here and I am still wearing compression stockings that are making me itch always.  None of my maternity clothes cover my belly anymore.   All that being said, I probably don't have room to complain since I have not gained nearly as much weight as previous pregnancies, nor  do I have the back/tailbone pain of the past.  I should just be thankful for what I have.  Mostly, I am, but I think this may be God's way of pushing a woman to the point of wanting the baby out more than in . . . regardless of the pain of labor, delivery, and recovery, sleepless nights, soreness of nursing or other consequences of having a newborn.   I think I am to that point now . . .if only we had a  name!  I can't wait to meet this little one!


2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love AmEx rewards. We always go on a splurge trip with that check. This year was Mexico City! I was wondering after I saw you last week if you were going to have a shower. So glad you did! Every baby needs a welcome party.

Sandra Nixon said...

I love your final rant paragraph! I know how you feel. Keep it up, the day will come so soon! Can't wait to hear all about it. Good Luck!!