We did in fact celebrate Halloween, but with our business with a new house we got very few pics. We went to a carnival/parade/ trunk or treat in our new ward. People were very friendly and kind. We are excited to get to know others more. We hopped over to our old ward's Halloween party. The food and fun were great! It is amazing to think how far we've come with friendships and relationships in just one year. It helped us to be encouraged about our new ward. Jackson wanted to go through the haunted house because his preschool friends were. Half-way through a ground crawling zombie scared him too much and we left. All his friends were talking about it later and in an effort to fit into the conversation Jackson piped in, "Yeah, it was scary! I was, like, totally crying!" I love seeing him grow up! Jackson was batman and sang the theme song a lot.
Hallie tolerated her costume for as long as people were dropping "tandy" in her bucket and then she stripped down. People would ask her name and she would respond "bug!"She fell asleep before trick or treating so she was pretty grumpy on the actual door-to-door stuff. She bit into a box of nerds, a couple suckers and anything else she could suck out.
I absolutely LOVE Halloween in AZ. People are out on their driveways passing out candy, playing music, laughing, eating, partying. It is like the 4th of July in Utah. I love the feeling. So much fun. Jackson and I got a bit lost in our new neighborhood, so his bucket was filled to overflowing. There were so many kids out in our neighborhood. I think it will be a great place to raise our kids (at least until we have to move again :))
1 comment:
It's true, Halloween in AZ is awesome. The weather can't be beat!
Post a Comment