Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Review and a look toward 2012

What a fantastic year it has been!  I am so thankful for the changes that happened this year.  Top ten Highlights include:


#1 Hallie - what an amazing and loving girl.  I didn't know my heart had more love to give after Jackson joined us, but a whole new world opened up to love her just as deeply as I love Jackson

#2 Following inspiration to quit my job and seeing the rewards.  I am so happy I had closure on my 6 year career, so happy to finally be a stay at home mom.

#3 Living in Orem for the summer.  I had an amazing summer with friends and beautiful weather.  I loved learning about my kids and my friends.  I learned a lot about parenting.
(Stacey- I am so sad- I have NO photos of you!!  Do you have any of us?)

#4 A job for Dave!  So many prayers finally answered!  Dave worked so long and so hard despite boredom, discouragement, and all other odds.  He loves our family and is committed to providing for us (in more ways than just financially).  He is a wonderful father and thoughtful and considerate husband!


#5 Moving to Arizona - we've really enjoyed our time here.  We live in a great neighborhood, a family friendly ward, and are thoroughly enjoying the warm weather.
I love the desert sunsets here!




#6 Travel!!  We've enjoyed so much family time as well as seeing some new places.  It is a benefit and blessing I never even considered we'd have in our life.  It is so fun!




#7 Getting to host Thanksgiving in our 'home'  I loved having my family out and showing them Arizona and all we love here.

#8 Anniversary with Dave in Maui - This travel adventure deserves it own post.  What a great time it was to be alone with my husband celebrating 5 years of happiness  in tropical paradise.  The beauties of this world astound me.



#9 Jackson continues to learn grow and surprises us with his knowledge, vocabulary and thoughts daily. He is my joy.  I plan everything around him (and Hallie).  I want to give him the best life I can.

Photo from silly string Hide and Seek on New Year's Eve (thanks to Daddy's fun party plans)


#10 Running in races again and improving my time by 8 minutes.  I would say NO back pain, except for the past week.  So I ALMOST made it a year with no back problems :)

As I look forward, I have no real plans for major changes this coming year.  I kind-of hope we can just get settled into a routine and basic year.  As boring as this sounds, I'm ready for some stability and predictability.  I have the normal resolutions (exercise, be a better person, get closer to God, develop my talents) and hope to improve myself and in the process my family throughout the year.


1 comment:

Carly Sharp said...

What an eventful year! I love the picture of you two in Maui I love your cute little kids. FYI, this year wont be very stable if you continue to travel everywhere.