1. Palm tree lights - so cool!
2. Non-christmas colors (neon orange, purple and blue, etc)
3. Lights lying on the flowerbed grounds
4. Bunches of lights made to look like flowers (I guess they can't grow their own here)
5. Light 'clusters' hanging in trees (the tree still have leaves, so they cant just wrap them up)
6. One tree had faint lights and we noticed that they were laser beams projected on to the tree. What a great idea . . .and easy to take down!
It is fun because along with all the 'Mormons' there are plenty of visitors from the area who aren't members of the church and I think it is a fantastic opportunity to let them get to know us.
Day 2: Spread the love to the missionaries: I already deviated from my list of service and today we made cards for the Missionaries (not included in previous list). I am following a website about 24 creative things to do with kids (1 per day) leading up to Christmas. Today's post challenged us to make homemade Christmas cards. So we tried it! Ours didn't look exactly like this one, but pretty dang close!! Wahoo! Maybe I am getting better (Nah, I just picked a really easy one to do) Jackson wasn't that into it, but I always feel like it because I hate 'arts & crafts' so much that I never expose him enough and I should do more.

1 comment:
My cute sister in law is a missionary at the Mesa Visitors Center. Next time you got keep a look out for Sister Fors. It sounds like a great place to be for Christmas. Her letters are wonderful to read.
Post a Comment