Thursday, July 8, 2010

June Re-cap

Since I didn't journal AT ALL this month (gasp!  I know!)  I need to blog about our experiences this month.  Please forgive the length!

The month started out with a WEEK with these cute twins! If I didn't have alot of respect for mothers of twins before I do now!  Dave was with me every step of the way and I still felt like we we busy changing and feeding and putting down for naps constantly.  How could a mom do it everyday all day??   Seriously, I am amazed.  These twins were very good natured, I can't imagine if they were tough!    Anyway, we didn't 'do' much this week, but Jackson was such a good helper and was gentle and loving. 


We did learn that our little boy is in fact a BOY and not a BABY like we had previously believed.  It is amazing how quickly they grow up!





Dave's birthday was celebrated at Liberty Park, taking Jackson on the Ferris Wheel.  Then we headed to Benihanna's for an amazing meal and show (pic above is NOT Benihanna's).  I am happy to have this man in my life.

Our parents also took us to Red Robin to get the free burger for Dave.  It is nice to have family so close by!



The second week was spent PACKING and MOVING away from the home we've enjoyed for the past 3 years!  We were both so sad to say good bye to neighbors and landlords that we love.  We had a Neighborhood BBQ the night we moved.  We have loved our time in Orem.  We are sad to move away from friends and from Jackson's friends. 


This is my next door neighbor Stacey.  She is amazing. I never did get a pic with Alissa, my upstairs neighbor.  We hang out almost daily.  I will miss her alot- especially since we are both pregnant with our 2nd baby (our firsts were born 4 days apart).




The boys play bocci, while the girls chat. 
We moved to Lehi with my parents and are enjoying new toys for Jackson, new people to get to know and lots of good food!  

Jackson's month can pretty much be summed up with 3 words . . . rides, rides and more rides!  We took him to our local carnival/fair. 
 

We go to Thanksgiving point often where he gets a horsey ride


Don't forget Trafalga



And we took him to Lagoon.  I don't know of many kids that are so loved that mom, dad AND Aunt will all go to Lagoon, not go on a single ride and pay for a DAY PASS for the kid and sit and watch him ride over 20 rides.  Especially when the kid just sits and stares on the rides.  He doesn't look happy at all, but he did beg to get on rides and he now begs daily to go to "A -GOOOON"  so I guess he liked it. 



Dave is always wonderful on my birthday and made this fantastic cake.  Apparently I have a subconsious facination with volcano's, which is why he made this cake for me.  


We went on an afternoon hike to a waterfall (it was bigger than the one in the pic)

We ended the night at Benihana's again and then saw "Night and Day"  We like the flick. 

Finally, we got to spend alot of time with the Cole's who were visiting from out of state.  
Jackson was thrilled to have friends around and learned all of their names 
"kaiman" = Cameron,  "AiDAN" = Aidan





Why do we always forget to take pictures of the adults?  It is so sad to look through all of the fun times and only see the kids (although they are the cute ones!)



That about wraps up the month!  
More excitement to come in July including a 4 day camping trip (hopefully!)

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow, you guys never stop! It is so true that you don't realize how grown up your child is until there is a baby around! I've been going through the shock these last couple weeks...

We miss you guys! Porter and I are excited to come splash at Jackson's party on Monday!

Kristen Mackrory said...

SO many cute pictures! I love the cake Dave made. He did a great job. Happy Birthday!

Emily said...

You guys are always doing such fun stuff. That little Jax really is so big now. Happy Birthday Jaime!!! And, the volcano cake totally rocks!!

Becca Bird said...

Jamie! I just realized you are pregnant. Congratulations. I'm excited to hear more! Good Luck with everything!

Fowler family said...

I too just realized you are pregnant- congratulations! How have you been feeling?